The City Collision Repair Process
City Collision has spent years developing a process that facilitates the quick turnaround and professional results you deserve. This process includes:
- Scheduling of 30-minute Damage Review – We schedule an appointment to inspect and assess the damage to your vehicle and/or provide a written estimate. You will not leave your vehicle with us during this step, but we can make rental car reservations.
- Deposit – We collect a deposit for parts, which need to be ordered. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, Visa, MasterCard, certified check or insurance check (properly endorsed by all parties w/ liens).
- Scheduling vehicle drop-off – We ensure that vehicle drop-off coincides with parts arrival.
- Confirmation of parts arrival – This step avoids unnecessary delays by contacting our suppliers several days before the scheduled parts drop-off date.
- Reminder Call – We’ll call you the Friday prior to your drop-off date.
- Vehicle Washing & Degreasing – this removes all contaminants from your vehicle prior to starting repairs.
- Insurance – We will address any insurance company issues arising as result of any additional repairs required after disassembly of your vehicle. It is not unusual for additional damage to be discovered at this point and we provide any additional documentation your insurance company may need.
- Regular follow-up – We keep you in the loop with regular calls to update you on the repair process. We’ll notify you should any unforeseen delays arise and share what we’re doing to address, alleviate or eliminate those delays.
- Completion & Delivery – The employee who wrote the repair estimate for your vehicle conducts a comprehensive inspection. We hand-wash the exterior, vacuum the interior and contact you for vehicle pick-up.
Before Leaving Your Car for Repair, Remember to:
- Please remove all items and debris especially in your trunk or bed area to eliminate time spent cleaning or moving and storing your items in order to gain access to your vehicle’s paint codes.
- Avoid using Armor All type products, which slows down our painting preparation.
- Please fill your fuel tank, which is necessary for proper realignment to be done.
- Please disable all automotive and audio alarm systems or provide us with the appropriate radio theft codes to bypass them during your repair process. You may wish to write down your radio station settings as they may be erased if the battery is disconnected during repairs.
- Please bring all keys with you for locked items such as trunks, wheel locks, spare tire locks, roof rack locks, etc. We will probably need more than a valet key to complete most repairs.
- Please bring your estimate information, which should include the name of insurance carrier responsible, your policy number, claim rep’s name and phone number and your claim number. Also any estimates that you may have already have written by you or other parties insurance companies.