Full collision repair for Pittsburgh & Southwest PA, including computerized color matching painting and frame straightening
Since 1991: City Collision
Where advanced technology & old-fashioned customer service meet
Using Technology to Achieve Excellence
Down-draft Paint Booths
Technological advancements in automotive repair have given City Collision an even greater level of quality control. For instance, our down draft cure heat paint booths draw air, overspray and contaminants downward and away from the vehicle, greatly reducing dust and overspray contamination, resulting in a higher quality finish. The use of heat to cure the finish makes for a better bond and eliminates the traditional wait times necessary with traditional paint booths.
Frame Measuring and Straightening Equipment
Our use of technology includes state-of-the-art frame measuring machines. Keep in mind that the vehicle frame is the ultimate support system for every body panel (fenders, doors, quarter panels, hoods, etc). Therefore, only if the frame is properly aligned will the body panels align properly. Proper alignment is absolutely vital to maintain proper gapping between panels. It is also necessary to uphold the integrity of original factory sealing which is responsible for eliminating wind noise and protecting your vehicle’s interior from the elements. Even more important is your vehicle’s ability to maintain a straight trajectory. A misaligned frame can make it impossible to achieve proper front and rear wheel alignment. Our frame measuring machines take precise measurements of your vehicles’ frame, comparing them to exacting factory specifications. Using our frame machine, we can realign the frame of your vehicle, restoring it to factory condition and eliminating all the ancillary issues.
Computerized Color Matching System
One of the most visually critical components of auto body repair is the finish. City Collision uses the latest in computer color matching to ensure the newly painted areas of your vehicle match the untreated areas. It starts with using the factory color code for your particular vehicle. Then, we mix the paint based on the computer scan of the original color to ensure that not only pigment matches but also flake content (for certain finishes), film thickness and other variables. Our finish technicians then use a technique known as ‘blending’, which melds the new finish with the old, creating a seamless look and perfect match.
The City Collision Repair Process
City Collision has spent years developing a process that facilitates the quick turnaround and professional results you deserve.
This process includes:
- Scheduling of 30-minute Damage Review – We schedule an appointment to inspect and assess the damage to your vehicle and/or provide a written estimate. You will not leave your vehicle with us during this step, but we can make rental car reservations.
- Deposit – We collect a deposit for parts, which need to be ordered. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, Visa, MasterCard, certified check or insurance check (properly endorsed by all parties w/ liens).
- Scheduling vehicle drop-off – We ensure that vehicle drop-off coincides with parts arrival.
- Confirmation of parts arrival – This step avoids unnecessary delays by contacting our suppliers several days before the scheduled parts drop-off date.
- Reminder Call – We’ll call you the Friday prior to your drop-off date.
- Vehicle Washing & Degreasing – this removes all contaminants from your vehicle prior to starting repairs.
- Insurance – We will address any insurance company issues arising as result of any additional repairs required after disassembly of your vehicle. It is not unusual for additional damage to be discovered at this point and we provide any additional documentation your insurance company may need.
- Regular follow-up – We keep you in the loop with regular calls to update you on the repair process. We’ll notify you should any unforeseen delays arise and share what we’re doing to address, alleviate or eliminate those delays.
- Completion & Delivery – The employee who wrote the repair estimate for your vehicle conducts a comprehensive inspection. We hand-wash the exterior, vacuum the interior and contact you for vehicle pick-up.
Before Leaving Your Car for Repair, Remember to:
- Please remove all items and debris especially in your trunk or bed area to eliminate time spent cleaning or moving and storing your items in order to gain access to your vehicle’s paint codes.
- Avoid using Armor All type products, which slows down our painting preparation.
- Please fill your fuel tank, which is necessary for proper realignment to be done.
- Please disable all automotive and audio alarm systems or provide us with the appropriate radio theft codes to bypass them during your repair process. You may wish to write down your radio station settings as they may be erased if the battery is disconnected during repairs.
- Please bring all keys with you for locked items such as trunks, wheel locks, spare tire locks, roof rack locks, etc. We will probably need more than a valet key to complete most repairs.
- Please bring your estimate information, which should include the name of insurance carrier responsible, your policy number, claim rep’s name and phone number and your claim number. Also any estimates that you may have already have written by you or other parties insurance companies.